DRUG FREE HIGHLANDS
TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures)
For any person or establishment who serves or sells to a minor or has an alcohol related charge, Drug Free Highlands would like the courts to require the person charged to participate in the coalitions safe server training program.
Wherever alcohol is sold, served or consumed, TIPS® offers concrete benefits for establishments, staff and community:
- Minimize property damage caused by intoxicated patrons
- Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations.
- Insurance Discounts – Many insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified.
- Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS leads the way in framing the debate about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
- Help workers avoid serving alcohol to minors
- Staff Professionalism – TIPS training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers.
- Reduce human tragedy resulting from drunkenness and drunk driving.
TIPS training is appropriate for anyone who sells, serves, or consumes alcohol. To ensure that training is relevant, programs are tailored for the following environments:
On Premise – restaurants, bars, hotels, and other establishments where alcohol is sold and consumed on the premises
Off Premise – grocery stores, liquor stores, convenience stores, and package stores
Concessions – stadiums, arenas, theaters, concert halls, fairs, amusement parks, and festivals
Gaming – casinos, riverboats, and gambling halls
Universities – colleges and university campuses, dining halls, campus clubs, Greek organizations, high schools
Workplace – corporations, government agencies, and small businesses
Seniors – Retirement homes, social clubs for the elderly, dance halls